Louise, co-owner of SureFire Dogs, Inc., and former owner of Hinckley's Hound Hikers Dog Walking and Pet-Sitting service, has been professionally training dogs since 1996. She holds a professional Membership in the APDT (Association of Pet Dog Trainers) and has earned her CPDT (Certified Pet Dog Trainer) rating. Louise enjoys training, teaching and competing in agility, obedience and dabbling in herding. She also has an eye for analyzing the owner to dog relationship and develping strategies to strengthen and balance the relationship.
Louise currently competes in Agility and Obedience with her 11 year old Australian Cattle Dog, "Kindle" (ADCH-Bronze MACH 2 Wooleston Light My Fire SACH SCH-B JCH-S RCH-S GCH-S MX MXB MXJ MXJB XF T2B3 CGC CD CD-CCH CDX-C IT).
In 2014 Kindle earned her USDAA Agility Dog Championship (ADCH) and in 2017 earned her Bronze Agility Dog Championship. Louise and Kindle are working on finishing up her Silver Agility Dog Championship. Kindle has qualified for the USDAA Northeast Regional competiton numerous times, competing in the 2012, qualifying in the Dog Agility Master Team Championship and qualified in Grand Prix Tournament in 2011, 2012 and 2013. In July of 2014 at the Northeast Regional competition Kindle qualified and took 3rd place in the Dog Agility Master Team Championship along with team partners Scott Hinckley and his cattle dog Beta and Christie-Lee McNamara and her miniature poodle Pi earning them a place on the podium. In 2018 Kindle earned her USDAA Bronze Lifetime Achievement Award.
In AKC Kindle earned her Master Agility Dog Championship (MACH) in 2017 and has qualified as one of the top Australian Cattle Dogs on the AKC Invitational list 3 times, 2017 at 15th, 2018 at 14th and 2019 at 8th.
In obedience Kindle achieved her CDSP CDX-CCH in 2018 and currently working toward her CDSP Utility title. She earned her AKC CD title in just 3 trials and is now preparing to competing in the Open level.
In 2016 Louise added a German Coolie (Forever BraveHeart) Kaleb to the pack. He is a loveable silly boy but loves his agility.
After debuing in USDAA in February 2018 he has already earned his Starters Agility Dog Title and is competing at the Advanced Level. In AKC Kaleb has earned his way to Masters in both Standard and Jumpers after only debuing in April of 2018. In obedience he has earned his CDSP Starter Novice title and is competing in AKC Beginner Novice.
Louise shares her life with husband Scott and his 5 year old Australian Cattle Dog "Kora" Bryn Mawrs Companion in Crime who is competing in AKC Agility in the Master level and USDAA in Open and Masters.
The First Performance Dogs
Louise's first agility competition dog, Tasha CGC, AAD, OAC, OJC, O-NGC, RS-O, JS-O, GS-N, (12/15/1995-6/2/2010), a Labrador Retriever, Siberian Husky, competed in agility for 7 years. When retired in 2006, Tasha was competing in USDAA Performance III and NADAC Veteran Elite levels. Tasha and Louise qualified for the USDAA DAM (Dog Agility Masters) Team championships in 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2003 and competed in the 2000 USDAA National Championships. Tasha also enjoyed obedience training and loved to learn new tricks.
Louise's Australian Cattle Dog "Jackaroo" (Koala Redhot Jumpin Jackaroo CGC, AAD, AX, AXJ, NF, NAC, NGC) (1/29/200-6/17/2014) was her first cattle dog and 2nd agility competition dog. Jackaroo was dog reactive and had behavioral problems but through behavior modification Louise was able to compete with him in the highest levels of agility. When he retired at 12 years old he was competing in the Veterans Level in USDAA and Excellent Level in AKC. He qualified in USDAA DAM (Dog Agility Masters) Team championships 2008 and Grand Prix in 2008 and 2009.
Forever in our hearts:
|Call Name||New Title / Tournament Name||Date||Org.|
|Kindle||Master Silver Agility||7/21||AKC|
|Kindle||Master Silver Jumper||5/26||AKC|
|Kindle||CDX-CCH Open Individual Champion||5/11||CDSP|
|Kindle||Jumpers Champion - Silver||2/16||USDAA|
|Kindle||Tournament Master - Silver||2/18||USDAA|
|Kaleb||Starter Standard Agility||11/10||USDAA|
|Kaleb||Novice Agility Jumper||5/19||AKC|
|Kaleb||Agility FAST Novice||10/13||AKC|
|Kaleb||Open Agility Jumpers||11/3||AKC|
- Masters Agility Handling with Amanda Shyne 2013
- Emma Parson's Click to Calm 2013
- Ian Dunbar's Crucial, Cutting-Edge & Common Sense Concepts in Dog Training 2013
- Grisha Stewart's BAT Instructors Workshop 2012
- Terri Cesarek's Agility Handling Seminar 2012
- Elaine Hamill's Open Obedience Seminar 2012
- Elaine Hamill's Novice Obedience Seminar 2012
- Kathy Sdao's Improve Your I-Cue 2011
- Elevate Your Training with Bob Bailey and Parvene Farhoody 2010
- Kathy Sdao's SMART (See Mark and Reward Training) Seminar 2010
- Patricia Mc Connell's For the Love of a Dog Seminar 2010
- Rachel Sander's Agility for Intermediate Dogs Seminar 2010
- Lauri Baker's Puppy Agility Seminar 2009
- John Rogerson's Aggression Workshop & Seminar 2008
- BARK Agility Camp 2007
- Kathy Sdao's Cues & Behavior Chains Explained 2007
- BARK Agility Camp 2006
- Dr. W. Jean Dodd's, DVM Truths Myths: Screening for Blood; Immune Disorders 2006
- John Aggression Workshop Seminar 2006
- Suzanne Clothier Trainers Workshop 2005
- Suzanne Clothier Aggression Workshop 2004
- Clean Run Camp 2000, 2001, 2003
- Sue Sternberg's A Weekend on Dog Behavior, 2000, 2001, and 2003
- Kathy Sdao's Know Way, Know How, The Science Art of Training, 2003
- Patty Ruzzo's Cookie Power Obedience Seminar 2002
- Wendy Volhard's Nutrition Seminar, 2002
- APDT Conference 2001
- Bud Houston Agility Seminar, 2001
- Gary Wilkes Intermediate Clicker Seminar 2001
- Terry Brown Agility Seminar, 2000, 2001
- Mary MacDonald Basic TTouch Seminar 2001
Other dog-related affiliations include:
- TACCMA (Teamwork Agility Club of Central Massachusetts) Vice President
- TACCMA Membership Chair
- TACCMA 2003, 2004 Trial Chairman