Sandra has been taking formal training classes with her pets for many years. She began attending agility classes at SureFire in 2015 with her rescue dog Amelia. During an agility hiatus of nearly a year and a half while Amelia was recovering from two different knee surgeries, Sandra trained Amelia to do fun tasks like “lace” and picking up and stacking objects.
Sandra a veterinary technician, graduated from Mt. Ida College with a B.S. in veterinary technology. She is currently specialized in anesthesia and is working toward a behavior specialty certification. She finds working with dogs with behavioral challenges most rewarding.
Sandra started assistant training at SureFire in April of 2018 in the Companion Dog classes and has already worked her way to being an instructor. She has become one of our "go to gals" as she is always willing to step in whereever we need her. Her calm and knowledgeable manner make her a trusted instructor for staff and clients alike.
Sandra shares her house with her wife, three dogs, and two cats.
When she can find the time, Sandra enjoys long walks on the beach with her dogs.
- Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University North Grafton, MA 2010 - present
- MVTA Annual Continuing Education Conference Worcester, MA 2011
- CVC Kansas City, MO 2010
- Mt. Ida College Veterinary Technician Symposium Newton, MA 2009
- Tufts Goes West Springfield, MA 2009
- Robbins, S. (2010). Premedication and Sedation Drugs. In S. Bryant (Ed.). Anesthesia for Veterinary Technicians (pp. 135-142). Ames, Iowa: Wiley-Blackwell Publisher.
Education & Certifications
- Low Stress Handling University Silver Level Certification 2018
- CPDT-KSA 2017
- VTS (anesthesia & analgesia) 2008
- BS Veterinary Technology 2004
- CVT 2003
- Society of Veterinary Behavior Technicians (SVBT)
- Academy of Veterinary Technicians in Anesthesia and Analgesia (AVTAA)
- Massachusetts Veterinary Technician Association (MVTA)
- MVTA Conference Sturbridge, MA 10/14/18
- Clinical Animal Behavior Conference Las Vegas, NV 10/5 – 10/7/18
- Sociability vs. Aggression Threshold in Dogs Natick, MA 6/9 – 6/10/18
- Spring Technician Symposium North Grafton, MA 6/3/18
- 19th Annual Technician Symposium North Grafton, MA 1/28/18
- Atlantic Coast Veterinary Conference Atlantic City, NJ 10/10 – 10/12/17
- 18th Annual Technician Symposium North Grafton, MA 1/29/17
- Update on Behavior Medicine Natick, MA 11/19/16
- Tufts Behavior Conference North Grafton, MA 4/3/16
- Technician Symposium 2016 North Grafton, MA 1/31/16